Residential and Commercial Services.
Offering wide range of insulation products for use in commercial and residential applications. From single family homes to commercial insulation for shopping malls and warehouses, we can provide the insulation , ventilation and air / vapor barrier services you may need.
– Blown-In attic insulation
– Cathedral ceilings
– Complex insulation designs
– Drill and Fill (Dense packing cellulose)
– Floor joists
– Crawl spaces
– Sound proofing
– Outdoor structures
– Mechanical insulation
– Pipe insulation
– Boiler insulation
Promotion: Get your attic ready for Summer and upcoming winter |
We offer price match guarantee plus additional 5% price reduction to keep you even happier.
To qualify, Install Blown in Cellulose attic insulation in your newly built home or upgrade existing insulation. Professional and experienced personal will make sure that Ventilation is adequate, attic hatch door is properly insulated and new retaining wall is installed to accommodate new insulation level.
Please call us to find out if your house qualifies for up to 600 $ Attic insulation rebate from FortisBC and up to 1200 $ for Wall insulation.
Cellulose is the oldest building insulation material. Many types of cellulosic materials have been used, including newspaper, cardboard, cotton, straw, sawdust, hemp and corncob.
Modern cellulose insulation, made with recycled newspaper using grinding and dust removing machines and adding a fire retardant, began in the 1950s and came into general use in Canada and US during the 1970s.
Cellulose is composed of 75-85% recycled paper fiber, usually post-consumer waste newsprint. The other 15% is a fire retardant such as boric acid or ammonium sulphate. Cellulose has the highest recycled content of any insulation available. For example, fiberglass has a maximum amount of 30% recycled content.
The non-recycled components of cellulose insulation are still environmentally preferable to the raw materials of most other insulation types, which are often petrochemical-based (this includes foam and fiberglass). Cellulose does not use formaldehyde-free insulation.
Advantages of cellulose insulation
The thermal performance of loose filled cellulose compares favorably to other types of insulation. The thermal conductivity of loose-fill cellulose is approximately 40 mW/m·K (an R-value of 3.8 per inch) which is about the same as or slightly better than glass wool or rock wool. The borate treatment also gives cellulose the highest (Class I) fire safety rating.
Cellulose’s insulation qualities “can save homeowners 20 to 50 percent on their utility bills”
The borates in cellulose insulation provide superior control against mold. Installations have shown that even several months of water-saturation and improper installation did not result in mold.
Attic ventilation is paramount part of roofing assembly. Proper roof vents extends the life of a roof and reduces problems in your attic space because it minimizes temperature differences between attic and outside environment. Properly installed attic ventilation systems will remove moisture and heat from the attic. Trapped heat and moisture can raise energy costs, cause ice dams, condensation and damage roof system components as well as structural and personal items located inside the attic where temperatures can easily reach 150° F (65° C).
Here are some problems associated with an improperly ventilated attic space
* In colder climates – generally where the average January temperature is 32° F (0° C) or colder – high inside humidity (40% or greater) combined with low outside temperatures can cause frost to form on the bottom of the roof deck.
* Insulation can trap moisture which will reduce the R-value of the insulation and create a nice environment for the propagation of certain molds, spores, and fungi which will also cause problems.
* There is also the problem of mildew which is both damaging and can cause health problems.
* The roof system itself will deteriorate prematurely.
* Ice Dams – ice dams are the result of melting snow continually refreezing at the roof perimeter and then backing up under the shingles and causing leaks. Proper ventilation used in conjunction with heavy insulation and an air barrier can create a Cold Roof Assembly which will help eliminate ice dams.
Installation of rafter vents (also called insulation baffles) will ensure sufficient air circulation in the attic space. Once they are in place, blown cellulose insulation can be installed.
Attic hatch door
The attic hatch is a removable panel in the ceiling or wall assembly. Typically insulated with rigid foam board or fiberglass insulation, R40 is recommended, installation of weatherstripping is recomended to provide tight seal.